Whether you are a business owner or are considering a career change, now is the time to be looking for opportunities everywhere and finding any gaps that need to be filled.
Here are just a few examples of opportunities to pivot your business or expand skill set during and after the COVID-19 crisis.
- Portable UV light cleaners for the home: This is where you will put your car keys, cell phone, or anything else in your everyday use that comes into contact with the world.
- Remote college education: Think of how the process of getting a degree when all classes are taught online will change, and the business opportunities that will emerge. Online tutors? An app for virtual study groups? This area will finally get a much-needed evaluation of how to provide real value.
- Large event attendance: Waiting in lines, seating, and public food safety will all need to be executed differently.
- Seasonal countermeasures: Will the world operate differently during “COVID-19 season?”
- Barriers to a virus: Gloves and masks will become designer accessories. But also, what about branded plexiglass protective dividers for the office? An app or a device that alerts users when someone has entered their 6-foot protective zone?
Stay engaged with your market and the individuals in it. Create additional services for your partners as they come back on line. Lead the way and create a brand new category of business.
Some people will find a million reasons why something will not work. Others will only need a single reason why something will. Good or bad, you will find what you look for.
Joe’s Quote of the Week:
Your reputation is your brand. It represents nearly everything that you do. It is both what precedes you and what you leave behind. You are responsible for it.
What is the word, thought, feeling associated with you before you “arrive?” When you are “on,” do you confirm the reputation or change the audience’s perspective?
Whether you are interviewing for a new role, fundraising for your company or trying to attract talent for your firm – these are all tremendously influenced by your brand and reputation.
Untitled & Unfiltered
Medtech Infinite Mindset
Medtech Infinite Mindset is an op-ed on the future of medical technology and the implications of COVID-19 on the future of business.